Soft Vinyl Grip Pliers Wrench
Soft Vinyl Grip Pliers Wrench is rated out of 5 by 2.
Easy & quick adjustment just slide & close directly on the workpiece.
- Smooth jaws for damage free turning on parallel surfaces
- Black Oxide conversion coating with additional clear top coat increases protection from corrosion
- Fully adjustable jaws open to 1-3/4”/46mm
- Easy & quick adjustment just slide & close directly on the workpiece
- Narrower profile with no button to interfere with turning clearance
- Ideal for all applications; gripping, holding, pressing, bending & precise turning
- Drop-forged from high quality special Chrome Vanadium tool steel, individually high frequency induction hardened to 64HRC
- 10.25"/260mm overall length
|California Residents||Click for Proposition 65 warning|
|Pliers Type||Adjustable Wrench|
We found other products you might like!
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michael Z. from Unique button-free adjustment; exceptional versatility, very high quality. Please make more sizes! In addition to this Wiha, I have used three other 10"/250mm parallel-jaw 'pliers-wrench' tools from German and Austrian competitors. The other three designs are superb quality tools, but all require pressing a cumbersome button that protrudes from one side of the head to set the jaw range. The Wiha is set simply by opening the handles wide; it can then be preset directly onto a nut without placing fingers near the workpiece, or testing and withdrawing multiple times. I find the Wiha can also be set one-handed, while reaching into a tight space. Two of the competing samples I own also have apparent machining/forging marks on the jaws which, being hard-chrome plated, can scratch or imprint malleable workpieces. They also appear to have more side-to-side "play" in the lower jaws. The black oxide Wiha jaws are dead smooth, and the mechanism on mine has less than 0.4mm side play. In fairness, the 10" Wiha opens about 4mm less than the competing brands (46 vs. 50mm), although it's debatable how useful the extreme opening really is on any of them since the handles become very awkward to squeeze. This brings me to my only real complaint; for precision electromechanical assembly work, and for piping, tasks at which these tools excel, it would be great to have smaller and larger sizes available. I hope Wiha will consider producing a 150-180 mm and 300 mm variant of this superior design soon.
Date published: 2019-02-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Tool review Awesome, everything I was expecting, first time buying a Wiha tool. I'm looking forward to investing in more.
Date published: 2018-06-22